Setting goals is a difficult exercise for most people. The reason goal setting is so daunting is the follow-through to achieve the goal. Many people have ideas about what they want in life, but the effort, work and discipline it takes to reach their goals may be overwhelming. Priortizing goals is the first step. Ask yourself what is the most important idea or concept or behavior you want to work on. Let's take decreasing calories as a goal. First:
- Write it down
- Write down 3-5 clever steps to decrease calories
- Next set a time limit
- Set up rewards for achievement of goals,
- Map out a schedule for implementing your steps towards achievement
- Put steps in your calendar so you will be prompted
So here is what goal setting and implementation would look like:
Decreasing Calories Ideas
- Put a google calorie counter on your home web page
- Look up your calories for what you eat after each meal or at the end of the day
- Write down what you eat at each meal so you will remember
- Start to follow the recommeded amount of calories that the Google Calorie Counter mentions
- Increase exercise, which will decrease hunger. Exercise can even be cleaning out your closet, sweeping the garage or doing laundry
- Reward yourself with bubble bath, pedicure, manicure, new hairstyle etc... no food rewards obviously
- Find low calorie foods that are healthy and tasty. Little sweet tomatoes, celery with Braggs liquid amino acids, herbs and kelp, watermelon slushy, mint chocolate milkshake with unsweetened chocolate almond milk, stevia, fresh mint and Ice
- Be creative and stick to it. Find a buddy to do it with you
- Cut out fatty foods.
Orange County Professional Organizer helps you get your home, office, and business organized. We serve all of Orange County, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We also serve your area by special request.
Please call 949-709-7000 for a free 30 min. phone consultation.
Marla Stone Lifestyle Expert is featured in the Orange County Register is the clutter buster.