I-Deal-Lifestyle Professional Organizers Blog
call 949-709-7000 for a free consultation today!
Self & Space
Self & Space
Well, we are in the middle of Autumn, even though it feels like Winter at night time. Thanksgiving is in a couple of weeks. How are you going to get the energy to get things de-cluttered, cleaned up and ready to go for the Holiday Season ahead. The magic word is motivation. How do we muster up this motivation and stay motivated? Well some words describing the opposite of motivation are accidental, unintentional, involuntary, aimless,
meaningless, unplanned, vague, dissuade, suppress, stop, prevent, depress, deject, dispirit, dishearten, cast down, Lazy, dull, and sluggish. So in order to not end up, at the very least, lazy, dull and sluggish turning a perfectly good Autumn into a "Fall", let's think of some ways to stay MOTIVATED.
1. Increase Exercise.
2. Cut Back on Fatty Foods i.e dairy, meat, oil.
3. Sleep Well, and if you don't sleep well, find out why and fix it i.e. herbal sleep products, don't eat 3 hours prior to bed, don't overstimulate yourself prior to bed with too much exercise or scary movies, get a fixed sleep schedule, see your doctor.
4. Talk To Yourself in the Mirror (seriously it works...if you say positive things).
5. Socialize (get on www.meetup.com) and find a group you love to hang out with.
6. Work on your self esteem, any shortcomings you recognize in self and read books on how to stay motivated.
7. Discuss issues that have been bothering you forever. Work through them with a life coach and or counselor.
The two top triggers for a mood outburst whether it is in the anger and or sadness category are FAMILY AND HOLIDAYS and guess what is around the corner....FAMILY AND HOLIDAYS. Just recognizing that those two things could be a trigger for being unmotivated will prepare you to introduce coping strategies.
Coping strategies are any behaviors, thoughts or actions which will decrease anger and or sadness. Each person has different coping strategies for lifting themselves out the dumps or away from becoming a self sabotaging terrorist. You know what your coping strategies are! And if you don't here are a few to think about.
COPING STRATEGIES EXAMPLES
1. Sing or listen to great music
2. Hang out w/ Friends
3. Walk on the beach
4. Walk in nature
5. Get Romantic (light some scented candles and pick wildflowers)
6. Go Kayaking
8. Try a new type of food
9. Kiss yourself wherever you can reach (usually your arms or hands)
10. Listen to your heart and all its desires
11. Call Marla Stone at www.i-deal-lifestyle.com 949-709-7000.
Marla Stone, Lifestyle Coach, Professional Organizer for your Self & Space
Marla Stone earned her BA in Psychology and a Master's in Social Work and is the founder of I-Deal-Lifestyle, a Self and Space Organization Service.
Serving Orange County, Los Angeles, San Diego and Santa Barbara
I-Deal-Lifestyle Professional Organizers
Copyright © 2010 I-Deal-LIfestyle
All Rights Reserved.
Decor and Feng Shui
Transition and Support Services
Downsizing and Tiny Spaces
Become a Professional Organizer
Teaching Organizational Skills
Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Capistrano Beach, Costa Mesa, Coto De Caza, Cypress, , Dana Point, Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, La Habra, La Palma, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Los Alamitos, Mission Viejo, Monarch Beach, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Orange, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Pedro, Lomita, Long Beach, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Stanton, Talega, Tustin, Villa Park, Westminster, Yorba Linda, Seal Beach, Long Beach, Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Torrance, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Pacific Palisades, Hancock Park, San Diego, Los Angeles, 92657, 92625, 92660, 92861, 92651, 92661, 90743, 92679, 92603, 92662, 94027, 90067, 92657, 94111, 90071, 94301, 94022.
Organizer in Yorba Linda, Organizer in Orange, Organizer in Foothill Ranch, Organizer in Tustin, Organizer in Newport Beach, Organizer in Corona Del Mar, Organizer in Coto De Caza, Organizer in Mission Viejo, Organizer in Dana Point, Organizer in San Clemente, Organizer in Irvine, Organizer in Orange County, Organizer in Long Beach, Organizer in Rolling Hills, Organizer in San Juan Capistrano, Organizer in Laguna Niguel, Organizer in Laguna Beach, Organizer in San Diego, Organizer in Costa Mesa, Organizer in Redondo Beach, Organizer in Newport Coast