I-Deal-Lifestyle Professional Organizers Blog
call 949-709-7000 for a free consultation today!
Self & Space
Self & Space
Organizing People is my favorite thing to do. I have been doing it for over 20 years. I was a therapist / social worker for 17 years and now for the past three and a half years a Professional Organizer in Orange County. Working with clients in Huntington Beach and organizing homes has been a great pleasure. People in Huntington are so laid back and appreciative of the services we provide.
I help people get organized. Getting Organized is much easier with someone who understands the Psychology of Clutter. I provide hoarding help for people who have over accumulated and save things they don't even use, and never will use. Learning how to organize your life is one of the most valuable things that you can learn. In order to organize your life a Professional Organizer will create an organizer system just for you. Here are some organizing tips for you to organize your life.
1. Learn that nothing is a need in your home. Everything is a want or a don't want. Needs are air, food, water, shelter, elimination, sun and sleep, and the things that keep us alive.
2. Eat healthy foods. Eliminate everything from your fridge and your pantry that will ultimately cause health challenges. Hydrogenated oils, often found in peanut butter, and processed food. Get rid of processed food, anything with corn syrup, coloring, corn starch, chemicals and eat whole foods such as vegetables, protein and fruit. Have your occasional treat but make sure it does not have the above killer ingredients.
3. Keep your home clutter free with a basket, bin, bowl, and or box system. Use attractive and decorative containers that will hold items that you would normally put all over the counters and in piles on the floor.
4. Don't over accumulate unless it is things you know you will use and that won't overcrowd your home. It is okay to stock up on spaghetti sauce when it is a good deal, because you know you will use it. Just make sure you have the room in the pantry or a reserve shelf in the garage. Spaghetti sauce anywhere else would just be weird. Stock up on paper towels, toilet paper and items you use all the time, but make sure it is not pouring out all over the place.
5. Keep a calendar. It is not fun being the one who misses events, is late and running around like a chicken without a head. Use google calendar in your smart phone, and if you don't have a smart phone, and old fashioned pocket calendar works too.
6. Get some rest. You do better on 8 hours of sleep guaranteed. Drink plenty of fluids (not alcohol), rest, take long baths or showers and get a lot of exercise.
7. Socialize with a group of people regularly.
8. Visit family and friends who love you.
9. Read uplifting books and or watch uplifting movies.
10. Find a spiritual path you love.
11. Engage in a hobby.
12. Spend time with your partner or if you don't have one, work on finding your ideal partner.
13. Tell yourself, in the mirror daily, "I love you".
Marla Stone earned her BA in Psychology and a Master's in Social Work and is the founder of I-Deal-Lifestyle, a Self and Space Organization Service.
Serving Orange County, Los Angeles, San Diego and Santa Barbara
I-Deal-Lifestyle Professional Organizers
Copyright © 2010 I-Deal-LIfestyle
All Rights Reserved.
Decor and Feng Shui
Transition and Support Services
Downsizing and Tiny Spaces
Become a Professional Organizer
Teaching Organizational Skills
Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Capistrano Beach, Costa Mesa, Coto De Caza, Cypress, , Dana Point, Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, La Habra, La Palma, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Los Alamitos, Mission Viejo, Monarch Beach, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Orange, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Pedro, Lomita, Long Beach, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Stanton, Talega, Tustin, Villa Park, Westminster, Yorba Linda, Seal Beach, Long Beach, Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Torrance, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Pacific Palisades, Hancock Park, San Diego, Los Angeles, 92657, 92625, 92660, 92861, 92651, 92661, 90743, 92679, 92603, 92662, 94027, 90067, 92657, 94111, 90071, 94301, 94022.
Organizer in Yorba Linda, Organizer in Orange, Organizer in Foothill Ranch, Organizer in Tustin, Organizer in Newport Beach, Organizer in Corona Del Mar, Organizer in Coto De Caza, Organizer in Mission Viejo, Organizer in Dana Point, Organizer in San Clemente, Organizer in Irvine, Organizer in Orange County, Organizer in Long Beach, Organizer in Rolling Hills, Organizer in San Juan Capistrano, Organizer in Laguna Niguel, Organizer in Laguna Beach, Organizer in San Diego, Organizer in Costa Mesa, Organizer in Redondo Beach, Organizer in Newport Coast