I-Deal-Lifestyle Professional Organizers Blog
call 949-709-7000 for a free consultation today!
Self & Space
Self & Space
Secret health strategies for the holidays by Marla stone professional organizer orange county, los angeles, san diego
Holiday time is a happy time to be well, and well fed, but often during our holiday feasts we eat unhealthy portions, rich foods and too many sweets. Our stomachs get clogged, and germs spreading around from near and far attack us. If our system is congested those nasty little bugs get stuck in our system causing havoc, stress and sickness.
Here are some tips for staying healthy and some remedies you may have not heard about before.
1. Echinacea and Goldenseal-Echinacea is the soother of your colds and coughs while Goldenseal is the natural antibiotic, so if you feel sickness coming on make sure to take a combo herb of both immediately. Too many antibiotics are not good for your body in the long run
2. Tea, Honey and Lemon for cough, sore throat and colds
3. Gargle with Salt Water for sore throat
4. Lots of fresh garlic and onions in everything from soups to salads
5. Lots of fresh citrus fruits for cleansing your body, and red vegetables for iron
6. Don't eat raw kale or spinach too much. Those vegetables, in the human body, form gallstones. We are not dinosaurs. Steam those two tasty veggies and add a bit of olive oil and fresh garlic
7. Don't mix to many items on your plate over Thanksgiving and Christmas. Too much mixture in your stomach causes clogging and poor elimination. Save some food items for the next day by themselves
8. Get some sun on that body of yours. You don't have to get it on your face but at least 10-20 minutes a day on your legs.
9. Eat only cage free chicken and eggs and grass fed beef with NO antibiotics
10. Eat brown rice pasta instead of white. Eat brown rice instead of white rice
11. Eat flourless bread instead of sticky, unhealthful white bread products.
12. Stay away from lotions or make up products with ANY mineral oil. Mineral Oil has been shown in tests to cause skin cancers
13. If you have a pimple in your ear, you can lay on your side and pour a capful of hydrogen peroxide in your ear and listen while it sizzles that little annoyance away
14. Arnica cream is wonderful for bangs, breaks, sprains and bruises. They say it can heal broken bone
15. Get some rest. Eight hours a day. Using laptops or computers or phones before bed will stimulate you and disrupt your ability to sleep
16. Take hot baths, as hot as you can take and steam your largest organ, your skin. Detox that bod of yours
17. Drink a lot of really good water. Filtered water is fine but add liquid trace minerals to add back in the good minerals that are lost with filtered water
18. Take plenty of herbs, minerals, vitamins
19. Do not eat dairy products as an adult. Only baby cows drink milk. Adults are supposed to wean off of dairy just like baby cows. Whey is dairy and those whey shakes over time can harm your bones. You will get OVER calcified and the bone will suffocate underneath that calcification. Feta and goat cheese don't have the same affect normally as hard cow cheese
20. Do not eat white or even red vinegar. It is just too harsh for your system. Apple cider vinegar is actually beneficial and supports your body's health and vigor. In fact, they give Apple Cider Vinegar to baby cows that can't get pregnant. Apple Cider Vinegar will also dissolve fatty foods in your system
21. Take mud baths to detox
22. Get a colonic at least twice a year
23. Eat sea salt only
24. Braggs liquid amino acids is essential to good mental health and may decrease depression
25. Take off eye makeup with jojoba oil and water on a cotton pad. It will reinforce your eyelashes
26. Exercise every day at least 30 minutes. Swimming is the least impact on your body or even moving around in the pool.
27. Stretch your body daily, morning and night
28. Be happy, tell yourself "I'm happy", even if you don't feel it. Smile at yourself in the mirror. Tell yourself "I love you" in the mirror
Marla Stone earned her BA in Psychology and a Master's in Social Work and is the founder of I-Deal-Lifestyle, a Self and Space Organization Service.
Serving Orange County, Los Angeles, San Diego and Santa Barbara
I-Deal-Lifestyle Professional Organizers
Copyright © 2010 I-Deal-LIfestyle
All Rights Reserved.
Decor and Feng Shui
Transition and Support Services
Downsizing and Tiny Spaces
Become a Professional Organizer
Teaching Organizational Skills
Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Capistrano Beach, Costa Mesa, Coto De Caza, Cypress, , Dana Point, Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, La Habra, La Palma, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Los Alamitos, Mission Viejo, Monarch Beach, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Orange, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Pedro, Lomita, Long Beach, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Stanton, Talega, Tustin, Villa Park, Westminster, Yorba Linda, Seal Beach, Long Beach, Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Torrance, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Pacific Palisades, Hancock Park, San Diego, Los Angeles, 92657, 92625, 92660, 92861, 92651, 92661, 90743, 92679, 92603, 92662, 94027, 90067, 92657, 94111, 90071, 94301, 94022.
Organizer in Yorba Linda, Organizer in Orange, Organizer in Foothill Ranch, Organizer in Tustin, Organizer in Newport Beach, Organizer in Corona Del Mar, Organizer in Coto De Caza, Organizer in Mission Viejo, Organizer in Dana Point, Organizer in San Clemente, Organizer in Irvine, Organizer in Orange County, Organizer in Long Beach, Organizer in Rolling Hills, Organizer in San Juan Capistrano, Organizer in Laguna Niguel, Organizer in Laguna Beach, Organizer in San Diego, Organizer in Costa Mesa, Organizer in Redondo Beach, Organizer in Newport Coast