Well, we are in the middle of Autumn, even though it feels like Winter at night time. Thanksgiving is in a couple of weeks. How are you going to get the energy to get things de-cluttered, cleaned up and ready to go for the Holiday Season ahead. The magic word is motivation. How do we muster up this motivation and stay motivated? Well some words describing the opposite of motivation are accidental, unintentional, involuntary, aimless,
meaningless, unplanned, vague, dissuade, suppress, stop, prevent, depress, deject, dispirit, dishearten, cast down, Lazy, dull, and sluggish. So in order to not end up, at the very least, lazy, dull and sluggish turning a perfectly good Autumn into a "Fall", let's think of some ways to stay MOTIVATED.
1. Increase Exercise.
2. Cut Back on Fatty Foods i.e dairy, meat, oil.
3. Sleep Well, and if you don't sleep well, find out why and fix it i.e. herbal sleep products, don't eat 3 hours prior to bed, don't overstimulate yourself prior to bed with too much exercise or scary movies, get a fixed sleep schedule, see your doctor.
4. Talk To Yourself in the Mirror (seriously it works...if you say positive things).
5. Socialize (get on www.meetup.com) and find a group you love to hang out with.
6. Work on your self esteem, any shortcomings you recognize in self and read books on how to stay motivated.
7. Discuss issues that have been bothering you forever. Work through them with a life coach and or counselor.
The two top triggers for a mood outburst whether it is in the anger and or sadness category are FAMILY AND HOLIDAYS and guess what is around the corner....FAMILY AND HOLIDAYS. Just recognizing that those two things could be a trigger for being unmotivated will prepare you to introduce coping strategies.
Coping strategies are any behaviors, thoughts or actions which will decrease anger and or sadness. Each person has different coping strategies for lifting themselves out the dumps or away from becoming a self sabotaging terrorist. You know what your coping strategies are! And if you don't here are a few to think about.
COPING STRATEGIES EXAMPLES
1. Sing or listen to great music
2. Hang out w/ Friends
3. Walk on the beach
4. Walk in nature
5. Get Romantic (light some scented candles and pick wildflowers)
6. Go Kayaking
8. Try a new type of food
9. Kiss yourself wherever you can reach (usually your arms or hands)
10. Listen to your heart and all its desires
11. Call Marla Stone at www.i-deal-lifestyle.com 949-709-7000.
Marla Stone, Lifestyle Coach, Professional Organizer for your Self & Space
Marla earned her BA in Psychology and a Master's in Social Work and is the founder of I-Deal-Lifestyle, a Self and Space Organization Service.