You know who you are. You come home tired, hungry, irritable, and want to get that bra and clothes off immediately. You long for comfy, the couch and your fav show. But where does your bra and dirty clothing land? Anywhere convenient of course. Sound familiar. Aaaah but taking that bra off is divine!
I'm not here to tell you to stop doing something that brings on such relief, but how to not have what I call perpetual disorganization. So here are some quick tips for keeping the bra and clothing out of sight until you muster the energy and will to put it in the laundry basket.
1. Place baskets where you generally disrobe. Don't put clothes on the floor, bed, couch or chairs!!
2. Have a laundry basket with holes in it so it breathes until you do laundry.
3. Once baskets are full WILL yourself to do the laundry.
4. Pick a day that you will do the laundry, when it is convenient, but timely.
5. Don't put yourself down for chilling out.
6. Have as many baskets around for the places you dump things.
7. Do your laundry regularly or get some help with it if you loathe doing laundry.
8.Relaxation is the key to motivation.
We all have habits that are engrained in us from childhood but we can change, by understanding that we do not NEED to do anything except breathe, eat nutrition, drink plenty of water, have shelter, sleep, go to the bathroom and sit in the sun once in awhile. Everything else you either want to do or you will do. As adults we don't have our parents telling us to clean our room anymore. Becoming your own great parent system is important to stay organized. Perpetual disorganization will turn into perpetual organization when you find your will again and realize chores are not needs.
Marla Stone is the leading expert in productivity and efficiency for home, and business organization. Follow her on twitter too https://twitter.com/ideal_organizer