I love Orange County. I love being a Professional Organizer in Orange County, Los Angeles and San Diego. I work from San Diego to Santa Monica, but I live in Orange County. I live in Irvine which is a wonderful, multi-cultural alive and vibrant city. In minutes I am to Newport Coast, Laguna Beach or Huntington Beach, California Coasts most popular and fun places to be. I am a native Southern Californian born in Los Angeles, but summer's in San Clemente are my best memories by far. What is not to love about Orange County? It is clean, has great positive energy, sunny most of the time, has a wonderful Music Center, Theater, great Restaurants and lots and lots of activities. My favorite places are the Mission in San Juan Capistrano, Crystal Cove in Newport Coast, Fashion Island in Newport Beach, The San Clemente Pier, Balboa Island and the Newport Bay. One of the most fun things to do is rent a Duffy boat and cruise around the million dollar homes in the Newport Bay.
Moving to Orange County was one of the best ideas I ever had. It always feels like I am on vacation. It is me living my ideal lifestyle. The only draw back is that my entire family lives in Los Angeles County, Santa Monica, Manhattan Beach, Hancock Park, Studio City and Calabasas. If only they would move to the Big OC, then life would be grand.
Organized Living takes time to develop. You are probably thinking how to Organize Your Life so you start to live your ideal lifestyle. Well not always so simple. Figuring out what you truly value in life, and finding out ways to un-clutter or de-clutter your world and organize your mind so you can reach for the stars takes a plan. Using on-line organizer services can be extremely helpful if you are wanting to get organized on your own. Going onto an Organize your life blog like this one and reading all the articles can be the best place to start learning about organizing tips and how to add-friendly ways to organize your life.
If self organizing is not your thing and you would like an expert's help call Marla Stone, Professional Organizer and get a free 30 minute phone consultation. Finding the time to Get Organized is important. It is freeing. It is a treat to Organize Your life.
Here are just a few tips on how to plan to get organized:
1. Evaluate what you have around you and find out if you are using it. If you have not used something in the past season or year, you may not ever use it again. That goes for clothing as well. If you did not wear it last season, you are most likely not going to wear it this one.
2. Things you use the most stay close by and things you use the least go the farthest away from you. So Christmas stuff obviously goes in the garage or storage.
3. Really identify objects that you love versus so so objects. You only have so much real estate to put things or store things so why not just have what you LOVE around you.
4. Think about items that are sentimental. If they are so sentimental and it is stored in a box, just how sentimental is it. If there are things you have in boxes that belonged to someone else or because they are "sentimental", find someone who will love it and put it out to breathe and be seen.
5. Stop saving things for people who probably don't want it. My mom saved my brother's crib for years and he never wanted it. Finally she gave it to her housekeeper's daughter, who was so grateful she cried.
6. Nothing on floors or surfaces except furniture and décor or kitchen machines. Really clutter is bad Feng Shui and the outer is a reflection of YOUR Inner Self. Cluttered space, cluttered self.
7. Get Help for Hoarding Behaviors. I-Deal-Lifestyle has a proprietary method for stopping the cycle of hoarding. Hoarding Help is not difficult to get. You just have to pick up the phone and call 949-709-7000 and talk to Marla She gives a free 30 minute consult for free. You can stop "The Hamster Affect" or if you prefer "Pack Rat" Syndrome.
8. Don't work on other people's mess whether physical messes or internal messiness, always address your stuff mess first.
9. If you are not good at cleaning or getting organized then ask for help. If you cannot afford a professional trade services with someone.
10. If you suffer from ADD or ADHD or depression it can impact your ability to stay organized. www.I-Deal-Lifestyle.com has a program for keeping you organized long term.
11. Like this on Facebook please!
Here you will find an array of blog articles about decluttering your home, life and business strategy
Marla is known as the Declutter Your Strategy™ expert. Marla earned her BA in Psychology and a Master's in Social Work and is the founder of