#Holidaytime is a #happytime to be well, and well fed, yet, too often we eat unhealthy portions, rich foods and too many sweets. Our stomachs get clogged, and germs spreading around from near and far pop into our system and attack us. If our system is #congested those #nastylittlebugs get stuck in our system causing havoc, stress and sickness.
Here are some #tipsforstayinghealthy, and some remedies you may have not heard about before. Of course, #checkwithyourdoctor to make sure these suggestions work for your particular health!
1. Echinacea and Goldenseal-Echinacea is the soother of your colds and coughs, while Goldenseal is the natural antibiotic, so if you feel sickness coming on make sure to take a combo herb of both immediately. Too many antibiotics are not good for your body in the long run.
2. Drink hot tea, honey and lemon for cough, sore throat and colds.
3. Gargling with Salt Water for sore throat is a real soother.
4. Eat lots of fresh garlic and onions, in everything from soup to salads.
5. Eat lots of fresh citrus fruits for cleansing your body, and red vegetables for iron.
6. Don't eat raw kale or spinach too much. Those vegetables, in the human body, can form gallstones.
We are not dinosaurs. Steam those two tasty veggies, and add a bit of olive oil and fresh garlic and a splash of lemon.
7. Don't mix to many items on your plate over Thanksgiving and Christmas. Too much mixture in your stomach causes clogging and poor elimination. Save some food items for the next few days after the holidays. #Leftoversareamazing, and can be created into new dishes.
8. Get some sun on that body of yours. You don't have to get the sun on your face, but at least 10-20 minutes a day on your legs gives you that #yummyvitaminD.
9. Eat only #cagefreechicken and eggs, and grass fed beef with NO antibiotics. The constant intake of antibiotics from animals we eat is just gross. Plus chickens and any animals that are not treated correctly and kindly tend to get cancer, from their own stressors. When you eat animal flesh, from an animal with cancer it is NOT a good idea.
10. Eat brown rice pasta or Quinoa pasta instead of white pasta. Eat brown rice instead of white rice
11. Eat flourless bread instead of sticky, unhealthful white bread products.
12. Stay away from lotions or make up products with ANY mineral oil. Mineral Oil has been shown in tests to cause skin cancers
13. If you have a pimple in your ear, you can lay on your side and pour a capful of hydrogen peroxide in your ear and listen while it sizzles that little annoyance away
14. Arnica cream is wonderful for bangs, breaks, sprains and bruises. They say it can heal broken bone.
15. Get some rest. Eight hours a day. Using laptops or computers or phones before bed will stimulate you and disrupt your ability to sleep.
16. Take hot baths, as hot as you can take and steam your largest organ, your skin. Detox that bod of yours.
17. Drink a lot of really good water. Filtered water is fine but add liquid trace minerals to add back in the good minerals that are lost with filtered water.
18. Take plenty of herbs, minerals, vitamins in the morning. Sleeping on lots of vitamins and supplements may not be optimal.
19. Do not eat dairy products as an adult. Only baby cows drink milk. Adults are supposed to wean off of dairy just like baby cows. Whey is dairy and those whey shakes over time may harm your bones. You can get OVER calcified, and your bones can suffocate underneath that calcification. Feta and goat cheese don't have the same affect normally as hard cow cheese since it is most like human milk.
20. Do not eat white or even red vinegar. It is just too harsh for your system. Apple cider vinegar is actually beneficial and supports your body's health and vigor. In fact, they give Apple Cider Vinegar to baby cows that can't get pregnant. Apple Cider Vinegar will also dissolve fatty foods in your system
21. Take mud baths to detox
22. Get a colonic at least twice a year
23. Eat sea salt only
24. Braggs liquid amino acids is essential to good mental health and may decrease depression
25. Take off eye makeup with jojoba oil and water on a cotton pad. It will reinforce your eyelashes
26. Exercise every day at least 30 minutes. Swimming is the least impact on your body or even moving around in the pool.
27. Stretch your body daily, morning and night
28. Be happy, tell yourself "I'm happy", even if you don't feel it. Smile at yourself in the mirror. Tell yourself "I love you" in the mirror
Marla Stone, MSW, Professional Organizer loves to help you get organized for good!
Author l Keynote Speaker l Owner of I-Deal-Lifestyle l Decor & Feng Shui Idealist l Lifestyle Changer l Napo Member
Marla is known as the organizing clutter therapist®. Marla earned her BA in Psychology and a Master's in Social Work and is the founder of I-Deal-Lifestyle, a Self and Space Organization Service.